Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Hot water

Not hot water as "I'm in trouble" ,hot water as in glorious wonderful hot water. I will never take hot water for granted again. At home we take for granted that we have hot water at our finger tips, just turn that tap et voila. You can do laundry any time of day or night.

I don't want to gross anyone out but I took my first shower since arriving last night. When I arrived Jodie showed me how to heat water:

Turn on the gas canister near the stove, then light the little thingy under the tank above the sink. Turn left, right and then left again until you see a flame. This is what heats the water. Then to actually get hot water to come out of the shower head you need to turn the shower knob just so... Maybe I was jet lagged but I just nodded my head and said "okay" and decided to wait until absolutely necessary.

Now that I've taken a shower I need to figure out how to do a load of laundry. The washing machine uses alot of electricity so you only use it between 10pm and 8am. And don't forget that you need to heat the water by lighting the gas canister thingy........




Montefortino



fresh eggs




Dried lavender



Can't get enough of the view



Holly, Walter and Meow Meow

No comments:

Post a Comment